db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: buddy testing for JDBC 4.1
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 03:29:25 GMT
On 3/4/2011 5:09 PM, Lily Wei wrote:

> Hi There:
>
>     I am interested to do buddy testing for JDBC 4.1 for the 10.8
> release candidate.
>
> In order to do this, I am assuming I need to have JDBC 4.1 spec or
> spec that relate to
>
> what Derby implement for 10.8 release. On top of that, I think I need
> to get an OpenJDK 7 binary distribution for Windows 7? Where can I get
> that?

Thank you LIly for volunteering to buddy test JDBC 4.1.   I  Think it is
very important to have this buddy tested. This this the first time I can
remember where I personally could not access the JDBC spec and
corresponding JDK for a new feature, so am most thankful if you are able
to.  I hope that another member of the community can give you
information on how access the spec and binary JDK for Windows 7.

As you do your testing, I would like to ask you to be careful not to cut
and paste javadoc or code from the OpenJDK codeline or the TCK to the
Derby development list to make sure we don't risk any code contamination
here.

Thanks

Kathey