db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: newbie to derby
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 13:20:56 GMT
Hi Vipul,

Information on the Derby tests can be found on the following pages:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTesting
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/README.htm?view=co

The regression tests are divided into two big chunks:

o Old style tests which run under a Derby-specific harness. You run
these tests like this:

java -org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite derbyall

o Newer and converted tests which run under the JUnit framework. We are
in the process of converting the old tests to JUnit. You run the JUnit
tests like this:

java -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Xmx512m junit.textui.TestRunner
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All

Hope this helps,
-Rick