db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: first draft of 10.8.1 release notes
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 20:37:02 GMT
On 3/2/11 12:54 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:
> On 3/1/2011 12:50 PM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>>> Please take a look at the first draft of the 10.8.1 release notes and
>>> let me know how I can improve them:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES.html?view=co

> Is the JDBC 4.1 specification official yet?  If not I think we should
> have a disclaimer that the implementation of the new JDBC 4.1 methods
> may change if not in compliance with the final specification.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kathey

Hi Kathey,

Would the following amended summary satisfy your concerns?

"Derby's JDBC drivers support the new Java 7 methods on the
with
the pre-GA OpenJDK 7 build 131 available on March 3, 2011 at
http://download.java.net/jdk7/. Derby's implementation of these
interfaces may change in a future release in the highly unlikely event
that the actual GA version of these interfaces changes."

Thanks,
-Rick