db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: first draft of 10.8.1 release notes
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 19:48:00 GMT
On 3/2/2011 1:53 PM, Lance Andersen - Oracle wrote:
> MR == Maintenance Release.
> On Mar 2, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:
>
>> On 3/2/2011 12:58 PM, Lance Andersen - Oracle wrote:
>>> I have submitted the JDBC 4.1 and JDBC RowSet 1.1 MR to the JCP.
>>>    All of the changes are in the Java SE 7 OpenJDK 7 code lines.

Thanks Lance.  I am incredibly  ignorant on the spec approval process
but am trying to learn. I learned today that in the past there has been
a  JDBC Expert Group approval process followed by a  J2EE spec vote.
Is it correct that both of these are still pending toward final approval
of  JDBC 4.1?   If so is there an ETA for the final spec approval? Is it
tied somehow to the java 7 release?

Thanks

Kathey