db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lance Andersen - Oracle <Lance.Ander...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: first draft of 10.8.1 release notes
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 13:42:15 GMT

On Mar 3, 2011, at 2:48 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:

> On 3/2/2011 1:53 PM, Lance Andersen - Oracle wrote:
>> MR == Maintenance Release.

the changes are in the Java SE 7 OpenJDK 7 code lines.

> Thanks Lance.  I am incredibly  ignorant on the spec approval process but am trying to
learn. I learned today that in the past there has been a  JDBC Expert Group approval process
followed by a  J2EE spec vote.

Not sure who mentioned anything about a J2EE spec vote but that is not the case.

JDBC 4.1 will be release as part of Java SE 7.  JDBC 4.1 is an MR and which has a 30 day review
cycle before it is final.

Regards
Lance
>    Is it correct that both of these are still pending toward final approval of  JDBC
4.1?   If so is there an ETA for the final spec approval? Is it tied somehow to the java 7
release?

> Thanks
>
> Kathey

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Lance.Andersen@oracle.com