db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Myrna van Lunteren (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (DERBY-5084) convert ijConnName.sql to a ScriptTest junit test
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 19:26:05 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5084?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Myrna van Lunteren updated DERBY-5084:
--------------------------------------

    Attachment: DERBY-5084_4.diff

Attaching a modified patch.
It differs from the _3.patch in that:

- the last line in the suite() method returns the test, rather than the suite. When returning
the suite, I got no (0) tests run. I don't understand how you could've gotten that to work,
but it works well enough when the 'test' is returned:
    < +        return getIJConfig(test);
    ---
    > +        return getIJConfig(suite);
- I've commented out the noSecurityManager call. It seemed unnecessary. If you agree, we could
just remove it altogether.
    < +        //test = SecurityManagerSetup.noSecurityManager(test);
    ---
    > +        test = SecurityManagerSetup.noSecurityManager(test);
- I changed the eol-style property for the new file to native (by doing svn propset svn:eol-style
native. There's instructions on the web how to do this automatically for svn).
- (nit:) I removed one of the dashes from the comment you added; normally a comment in ij
is two dashes.

However, there is still an issue with this test conversion.

When I ran the test with these changes with ibm 1.6 (both on windows and linux, with classes
or jars), I did get a mostly successful run, but the .out file was slightly different; instead
of:
  +ERROR XJ004: Database 'nevercreated' not found.
  +ERROR 08001: No suitable driver found for jdbc:noone:fruitfly;create=true
I got: 
  +ERROR 08001: No suitable driver
  +ERROR XJ004: Database 'nevercreated' not found.

My patch has the ibm jvm output.
The original test hid this difference by using the _sed.properties file. I'm not sure what
the solution for this is...



> convert ijConnName.sql to a ScriptTest junit test
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-5084
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5084
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Test
>            Reporter: Myrna van Lunteren
>            Assignee: Houx Zhang
>            Priority: Trivial
>              Labels: derby_triage10_8
>         Attachments: DERBY-5084-1.patch, DERBY-5084-2.patch, DERBY-5084-3.patch, DERBY-5084-3.stat,
DERBY-5084.patch, DERBY-5084_4.diff, ijConnName-1.out, ijConnName-1.tmp
>
>
> In DERBY-3089 it is mentioned that tools/ijConnName.sql should get converted to a junit
test, probably using ScriptTest.
> Making a separate issue so that that issue can be closed.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message