db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Build problems
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:49:05 GMT
Dave Brosius <dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com> writes:

> I pulled derby from svn a week ago and was able to build fine.
>
> Then i pulled a day ago, and get errors where there are duplicate
> classes between base class and generated classes, as is documented by
> someone else here:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/201009.mbox/%3C2036126144.241285161434529.JavaMail.hudson@aegis%3E
>
> What did i foobar in my configuration?
>
> svn status
>
> shows nothing.

Do you have classes with those names in the java/engine/ sub-tree? "svn
status" *should* have listed them in that case, since we removed the
svn:ignore property for those files when we changed the destination
directory for the generated files, but it's still worth checking. If you
have SQLParser*.java files and TokenMgrError.java in the
java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/sql/compile/ directory, you could try
to delete them and see if the compilation works then. After updating the
source tree from svn it is sometimes also necessary to do "ant clobber"
before rebuilding.

--
Knut Anders