db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Retrieving value of derby.drda.host from currently running system
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:46:45 GMT
"Logan, Douglas" <Douglas_Logan@ibi.com> writes:

> The following is also always null (As is kind of expected):
> VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.drda.host');
>
> Does anyone have an idea on how I can get this value?

Not sure you can. There is no API to get at the values in
derby.properties. I guess you could make a stored procedure that could
read the file and find the value, though (given sufficient privileges if
you are running the server under the Java security manager).

If it were specified on the command line (rather than in
derby.properties), it would be available using System.getProperty.

Thanks,
Dag