db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From siddharth srivastava <akssps...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Few basic doubts
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:59:58 GMT
Hi Rick

As you noted, the tests leave a couple folders of artifacts. These may be
> helpful in diagnosing problems encountered during a test run. I agree that
> it would be good to root all of these folders under a single master artifact
> folder. It appears that all output goes into the current directory right
> now--I have no idea how hard it would be to change that. As a workaround, I
> run TestRunner from a script which creates a new folder and cd's to it
> before booting the TestRunner.

Thanks for suggesting "folders of artifacts" .a better alternative to
garbage :-)

Can you please share the script ? I guess if I need to create such a script
for a general purpose test run, then the test suite name has to be passed as
a parameter ? (May be I am going off topic, but I am not very good at
scripting on windows )
Though I think it would be nice to add this functionality to derby. Can we
create jira issues for things like that ?

--
Regards
Siddharth Srivastava