db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From siddharth srivastava <akssps...@gmail.com>
Subject Few basic doubts
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 07:56:42 GMT
Hi

After my failed effort to build derby on Fedora 14, I switched to windows
for derby development.
I noticed a few things, which I would like to share:

1) when we re-build derby once it has already been built, then we need to
manually remove all the jar files ffrom the ..\sane folder otherwise during
building jars (ant buildjars), it fails to progress as it is unable to
overwrite the existing jars.
I don't know that if it is supposed to behave so then why or does it depend
upon the platform in some way ?

I ran everything with administrative privileges on Windows 7.

2) When we run tests using the TestRunner, we need to manually cleanup the
garbage produced by the previous run, otherwise it too is unable to proceed.
I am to some extent able to get the cause/reason behind this but certainly
an insight from experts about this behaviour would be helpful. In fact if
the run procedure itself generates the resultant files from running tests in
a separate folder irrespective of the current directory, then it would be
good.
I am not completely aware if this is possible from within derby or it
requires modification from Junit's part.

Thanks
--
Regards
Siddharth Srivastava