db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>
Subject Re: Regarding Store Test
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 19:23:55 GMT
Hi Siddharth,

We have some documentation on the wiki on how to get started, so maybe you
want to check that first as it will contain most of the information that you
need.

This page is the general overview on the effort being done to "kill" the
harness tests (the old framework that is still lurking on Derby, like I told
you previously on IRC) and convert them into JUnit tests:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/KillDerbyTestHarness?highlight=(conversions)|(sql)#SQL_tests

<http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/KillDerbyTestHarness?highlight=(conversions)|(sql)#SQL_tests>As
you'll be able to see on that page, SQL tests can be converted by either
running the current SQL file as part of a test that extends from the
util.ScriptTestCase or... alternatively... you can convert the test by hand
with JDBC calls that execute the SQL commands.

The second option might be very time consuming if the SQL file is large, so
in my opinion you can stick to extending tests from the util.ScriptTestCase
class. I'm not at my computer right now so my access is a bit limited, but
it helps quite a lot to look at tests that have been previously converted
using this method. You can perhaps on Eclipse find classes that extend
ScriptTestCase? Then you'll have a good idea of how things work.

Hope it helps,
Tiago