db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Logan, Douglas" <Douglas_Lo...@ibi.com>
Subject Retrieving value of derby.drda.host from currently running system
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:38:41 GMT
Hello,
                I have the network client of Derby running as a service on a Windows machine.
From another machine, I'd like to connect to a Derby database and query the value of "derby.drda.host"
as is set within the derby.properties file.

The reason I'm looking to do this is to see if the version of the running Derby is only listening
on the host/port I just connected to get to it, or if its listening on more interfaces. This
will be used with troubleshooting for an application.

I've tried using the following:

ij> create function getSystemProperty(name varchar(128)) returns varchar(128) language
java external name 'java.lang.System.getProperty' parameter style java no sql;
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
ij> values getSystemProperty(derby.drda.host');
But this value appears to always be null.

The following is also always null (As is kind of expected):
VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.drda.host');

Does anyone have an idea on how I can get this value?

Thanks,
Doug Logan