db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: should largeDataTests run?
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 00:00:08 GMT

________________________________
From: Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com>
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Sent: Fri, February 4, 2011 5:30:20 AM
Subject: Re: should largeDataTests run?

On 2/2/11 4:59 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had some old scripts that run the largeDataTests suite. And the
> trunk run appears to be hanging. I haven't looked at it for a long
> time (months), so I'm not sure when this started happening...
> Also, this same script runs on 4 different branches -  (trunk, 10.7,
> 10.5, 10.3), and it doesn't look good for any of those.
>
> The sun runs of largeDataTests suite also seems to have discontinued itself.
>
> Has anyone been successful in running these recently?
>
> Thx,
> Myrna

Hi Myrna,

I think these tests were run successfully as part of vetting 10.6.1:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenSixOnePlatformTesting . It does not
appear that the tests were run during 10.6.2 or 10.7.1 vetting.

Regards,
-Rick

Hi Rick:
    I don't think this test was run during 10.6.2 Does this bring up a necessary
a "to run" test list before
we vote for an official release?

Thanks,
Lily