db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: istat-related problems seen in the regression tests
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:30:38 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> o DERBY-5038: Extra locks seen in the lock table. Mike has volunteered
> to turn off istat for this test if he feels confident that this won't
> mask some real bug in istat. Mike's activity on this issue is related to
> the email thread linked from DERBY-4940.
>
> o DERBY-5039: Another manifestation of DERBY-5038. Mike's activity
> should cover this one too.

I am hoping that the latest checkin for DERBY-4940 will fix these two
bugs, and would rather not disable istats for this test if that works.
So far it seems to have fixed it for tinderbox.  I'll check on monday
if it has fixed it across all the machine/os/jvm runs.

If anyone sees diffs in these two tests after applying change #1071588
described under DERBY-4940, please post a comment with the diff and the
derby.log for the test.  After this change I don't think istats should
be running and thus locks acquired should not be affected.