db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Sample database scripts for derby.
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:20:29 GMT
On 2/17/11 4:09 AM, Isuru Anuranga wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm working on cost based query optimization on derby. I need to find
> a large database with lots of data so that I can check time difference
> between improved and existing version of query
> optimization algorithms. I'm looking for a sql script file. So I can
> easily setup a large database. I crawled through internet
> but couldn't find exactly what I need. If there are any available
> scripts that please guide me to it.
>
> Thanks,
> Regards.
Hi Isuru,

You may be able to use or modify the database created by the Derby
wisconsin test:
trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/wisconsin.java
. However, it may not be large or complicated enough for your experiments.

I hope that you will share your findings with the community.

Thanks,
-Rick