db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject label for tracking issues inappropriate for backport?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:24:26 GMT

I do periodic analysis of bug fixes  for backport and don't have a
process for marking issues that have been analyzed and rejected as
candidates. Perhaps I am label happy this week but was thinking that it
would be nice to add labels.

derby_backport_<version>_no

to mark the ones that have been rejected with the maximum version where
a backport is determined impractical or unfeasible.  For example
derby_backport_10_5_no would mean it was looked at and determined
inappropriate for 10.5 backporting.   Does this sound reasonable?  It
could be added during the backport analysis phase or even as someone
fixes a bug if they think there is a reason it shouldn't be backported.

Thanks

Kathey