db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Regarding Store Test
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 19:32:51 GMT
I am sure some others more experienced with test conversions will give
you pointers.  I would suggest starting with store/madhare.sql as it is
the simplest (it's history is I think it was the first sql level test
that ran against the original project when it was written from scratch -
and tested a limited set of functionality at that time) and should make
it a good 1st test to learn the junit and
conversion side of the project.  I will look at tests later to suggest
the next set of tests.

Some of the store tests are written such that they must be run one after
the other, which should not be an issue as long as you know it for the
conversion.

Others depend on the server shutting down and then restarting for the
next test.  I believe Kathy Marsden has a solution for this also.