db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.8 bug triage
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:49:23 GMT
On 2/10/2011 5:46 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Thanks for thinking about this issue, Kathey. I agree that it would be
> good to triage bugs created after the 10.5.2 effort. The highest bug
> touched by that effort seems to be DERBY-4295. What is the motivation
> behind re-triaging the bugs visited during the 10.5.2 effort?

I think the main benefit of reviewing the ones already triaged is to
update them on changing conditions, close out ones that are no longer
relevant (e.g. test/code  no longer exists), clearly cannot be
reproduced with no input for years, or those that no longer reproduce
because they were fixed by another issue.   It is also good to unassign
issues that  have been assigned but not worked on for over a year.  I
agree, triage of the never triaged issues most important.  For the links
on the review page, I'll separate those out. They can generally be
identified if the Urgency has never been set.

Thanks

Kathey