db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject 10.8.1 release schedule
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:23:37 GMT
I am volunteering to manage a 10.8.1 feature release and have filled in
a schedule here:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenEightOneRelease#A10.8.1_Release_Summary
Here are the highlights:

o First draft of the release notes to be circulated on Monday February 28.
o Buddy-testing to start then too. Hopefully we can flush out problems
before we build the first RC.
o First release candidate to be posted a week later on Monday March 7.

If you are working on a significant feature which you want included in
10.8.1, please try to finish it up by the end of the month so that it
can be buddy-tested. In addition, please describe your feature here if
you haven't done so already:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenEightOneRelease#A10.8.1_Work

I plan to create the branch on March 7 after 5:00 am San Francisco time.
That means that the release will include bug fixes checked into the
trunk before then.

I hope that the community can support this schedule.

Thanks,
-Rick