db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject GSoC call for mentors, project ideas and newcomer issues
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 21:49:36 GMT
We are starting to see students show up interested in Google Summer of
Code.

If you would like to be a mentor and have a project idea, please file it
in Jira and add the labels
gsoc gsoc2011 and mentor to the issue.  Also please make sure you mark
any issues appropriate with the newcomer checkbox so students can
identify good first issues to tackle as the first get their environment
setup.

I won't be a formal  mentor this year as I will be away during a
critical time for the program, but Tiago mentioned that he would like to
mentor this year, so  I will help out and be his backup while he his
out.    I know the summer vacation problem is  an issue for a lot of
people, so hope others will consider pairing up.  For the program,
however, there is only one mentor of record.

Thanks

Kathey