db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Few basic doubts
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:54:37 GMT
>>> 1) when we re-build derby once it has already been built, then we need
>>> to manually remove all the jar files ffrom the ..\sane folder
>>> otherwise during building jars (ant buildjars), it fails to progress
>>> as it is unable to overwrite the existing jars.
>>> I don't know that if it is supposed to behave so then why or does it
>>> depend upon the platform in some way ?

I've seen this problem, and used the same workaround.

I think that it has something to do with having your source tree jars
in your CLASSPATH when you perform the build. Since they are in your
CLASSPATH, they are automatically opened by Ant during the build, and
hence are in use and cannot be deleted.

thanks,

bryan