db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "John H. Embretsen" <john...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving value of derby.drda.host from currently running system
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 08:14:39 GMT
On 02/02/11 20:38, Logan, Douglas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the network client of Derby running as a service on a Windows
> machine. From another machine, I’d like to connect to a Derby database
> and query the value of “derby.drda.host” as is set within the
> derby.properties file.

[snip]

> Does anyone have an idea on how I can get this value?

You may want to check out Derby's JMX monitoring capabilities. The
NetworkServerMBean has an attribute called "DrdaHost" that you can read
in order to get the value of derby.drda.host that the server is
currently using. (At least in theory, it has been a long time since I
actually tried this).

See
http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/publishedapi/jdbc4/org/apache/derby/mbeans/drda/NetworkServerMBean.html#getDrdaHost%28%29

For more info on using JMX with Derby, see

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJMX
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJMXQuickStart
http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/publishedapi/jdbc4/

Hope it helps,