db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Hi derby dev
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 14:21:27 GMT
On 2/1/11 10:26 PM, hareendra seneviratne wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can some one help me to find a issue on which I can work on with
> little experience in JDBC? I need a friendly mentor who can guide me
> throughout the process.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hareendra
>
> PS : I may ask stupid questions.  :)

Hi Hareendra,

Welcome to Derby! This is a friendly, polite community so please don't
be afraid to ask questions.

If you haven't already familiarized yourself with how to build and test
Derby, you should take a look at the Derby wiki (
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ ) and, in particular, at the guidance
for newcomers ( http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDev ). If you need
to learn JDBC quickly, the following primers may help:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/jdbc/index.html
http://www.herongyang.com/JDBC/
http://www.tecnun.es/asignaturas/InteInfo/Recursos/JDBC/JDBCShortCourse.pdf

The following issues have been marked as good for newcomers:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12315169

You probably should not rely on a single person as your mentor: any
individual can be swamped by other responsibilities or can go on
vacation for a while. Instead, it's best to pose your questions to this
mailing list (derby-dev). That will boost your chances of getting a
quick response.

Hope this helps...
-Rick