db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Knut Anders Hatlen (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DERBY-5038) updatelocks test failing in tinderbox when background update statistics are enabled.
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:09:57 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5038?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12994753#comment-12994753
] 

Knut Anders Hatlen commented on DERBY-5038:
-------------------------------------------

Maybe the updates happen because of deletes after the index has been created? See for example
updateBtreeSetLocks.subsql and updatecursorlocks.subsql, which are invoked from updatelocks.sql.
It's probably not necessary to update the statistics when a table shrinks from 7 rows to 2
rows, and I think preventing that was what derby.storage.indexStats.debug.absdiffThreshold
was introduced for. But that property currently defaults to 0 so that it doesn't have any
effect.

> updatelocks test failing in tinderbox when background update statistics are enabled.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-5038
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5038
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Test
>    Affects Versions: 10.8.0.0
>            Reporter: Mike Matrigali
>         Attachments: derby.log
>
>
> updatelocks is failing consistently in tinderbox since checkin 1069598 for DERBY-4939:
Enable istat daemon and tests
> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk16/jvm1.6/testing/testlog/SunOS-5.10_i86pc-i386/1070190-derbyall_diff.txt
> ********* Diff file derbyall/encryptionAll/storemats/storemats/updatelocks.diff
> *** Start: updatelocks jdk1.6.0_18 storemats:storemats 2011-02-13 09:28:29 ***
> 2847,2856d2846
> < APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |1   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> < ij> next scan_cursor;
> < A          |B          |C                                                      
                                                                        
> < --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> < 3          |-30        |-three                                                 
                                                                        
> < ij> update a set b=30,c='three' where current of scan_cursor;
> < 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
> < ij> select * from lock_table order by tabname, type desc, mode, cnt, lockname;
> < USERNAME|TRANTYPE|TYPE    |CNT |MODE|TABNAME     |LOCKNAME  |STATE|STATUS  
> < ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 2857a2848,2857
> > ij> next scan_cursor;
> > A          |B          |C                                                      
                                                                        
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 3          |-30        |-three                                                 
                                                                        
> > ij> update a set b=30,c='three' where current of scan_cursor;
> > 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
> > ij> select * from lock_table order by tabname, type desc, mode, cnt, lockname;
> > USERNAME|TRANTYPE|TYPE    |CNT |MODE|TABNAME     |LOCKNAME  |STATE|STATUS  
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |3   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> 2867 del
> < APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |2   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> 2867a2867
> > APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |3   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> 2874 del
> < APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |2   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> 2874a2874
> > APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |3   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> 14688,14697d14687
> < APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |1   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> < ij> next scan_cursor;
> < A          |B          |C                                                      
                                                                        
> < --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> < 3          |-30        |-three                                                 
                                                                        
> < ij> update a set b=30,c='three' where current of scan_cursor;
> < 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
> < ij> select * from lock_table order by tabname, type desc, mode, cnt, lockname;
> < USERNAME|TRANTYPE|TYPE    |CNT |MODE|TABNAME     |LOCKNAME  |STATE|STATUS  
> < ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 14698a14689,14698
> > ij> next scan_cursor;
> > A          |B          |C                                                      
                                                                        
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 3          |-30        |-three                                                 
                                                                        
> > ij> update a set b=30,c='three' where current of scan_cursor;
> > 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
> > ij> select * from lock_table order by tabname, type desc, mode, cnt, lockname;
> > USERNAME|TRANTYPE|TYPE    |CNT |MODE|TABNAME     |LOCKNAME  |STATE|STATUS  
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |3   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> 14708 del
> < APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |2   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> 14708a14708
> > APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |3   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> 14716 del
> < APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |2   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> 14716a14716
> > APP     |UserTran|TABLE   |3   |IX  |A           |Tablelock |GRANT|ACTIVE  
> Test Failed.
> *** End:   updatelocks jdk1.6.0_18 storemats:storemats 2011-02-13 09:28:40 ***

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message