db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: 10.5 fix candidates
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 01:43:29 GMT

> DERBY-4895  |[DERBY-4895] Thread local TableDescriptor#referencedColumnMap is not removed
from app threads when Derby is shut down           |Dag H. Wanvik

I marked this one as a candidate for backport, so I think it should be ok.

> DERBY-4798  |[DERBY-4798] NPE in nested outer join |Dag H. Wanvik
> DERBY-4712  |[DERBY-4712] Complex nested joins problems |Dag H. Wanvik
> DERBY-4679  |[DERBY-4679] Several left outer joins causes unstable query with incorrect
results |Dag H. Wanvik

I already backported those to 10.6, so I assume they are good to go.

> DERBY-4531  |[DERBY-4531] Client setCharacterStream closes its Reader argument stream
in finalizer |Dag H. Wanvik

This changes behavior, the existing behavior has been a regression since
10.2. Your call..

> DERBY-4471  |[DERBY-4471] Left outer join reassociation rewrite gives wrong result |Dag
H. Wanvik

Although it removes a corner case error, it does open up for new
transformations, which *may* be a risk, not sure. Your call.

> DERBY-4426  |[DERBY-4426] With generated columns,  INSERT with DEFAULT inside a VALUES
clause inside a UNION fails. |Dag H. Wanvik

This changes behavior, cf attached release notes, so you may not want this..

Thanks,
Dag