db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@ORACLE.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Mixed client sever and upgrade and compatibility testing with Junit Tests
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:03:40 GMT

> Thanks Dag.  Roughly, how many tests failed do to the BOOLEAN issue?
> Does it block many tests?
> The soft upgrade testing is usually very useful for exposing
> compatibility bugs and issues that  need release notes.
> It would be good to know to what extent that analysis was impacted and
> whether it will be practical to do soft upgrade testing  in the future
> due to the noise generated by this issue.

Here is a summary of the soft upgrade errors.

28 errors, 99 failures, most to do with BOOLEAN.

Where error not specified below, there was some BOOLEAN related error,
cf the log at this location:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenSevenOnePlatformTesting?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=softupgrade-run-derby.log.txt

The testGreekCharacters is presumably our improvement of client UTF-8
based database names.  The LangScripts and TruncateTableTest errors
may merit some closer inspection, and possibly the
NetworkServerControlApiTest.

I'll be out until the New Year now, so feel free anyone to pick up
whetever is here ;-)

Thanks,
Dag

Summary - for details, refer to the above URL.

org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.NetworkServerControlApiTest : 4 * AssertionFailedError
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.AuthenticationTest: 4* AssertionFailedError
(testGreekCharacters) "Connection should've been refused/failed"
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.BlobClob4BlobTest: '6* AssertionFailedError
(testNegativeTestDerby265?lob): "FAIL - can not access blob after implicit commit"
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.DatabaseMetaDataTest
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.DriverMgrAuthenticationTest: AssertionFailedError
(testGreekCharacters): "Connection should've been refused/failed"
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.JDBCHarnessJavaTest
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.PoolDSAuthenticationTest: AssertionFailedError
(testGreekCharacters): "Connection should've been refused/failed"
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.SetTransactionIsolationTest: AssertionFailedError
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.XADSAuthenticationTest: AssertionFailedError
(testGreekCharacters): "Connection should've been refused/failed"
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.CastingTest
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.ErrorCodeTest: Unexpected row count expected:<161>
but was:<164>
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.LangScripts: logop, aggregate, cast, implicitConversions,
orderby, schemas, valuesclause, LOB, unsupportedInInsaneBuilds: ComparisonFailure
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.TriggerTest:
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.TruncateTableTest: TABLE_THAT_DOES_NOT_EXIST
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.UDTTest: vetDatatypeCount: expected:<21>
but was:<20>
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.SysinfoCPCheckTest: db2driver option removed
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.ToolScripts