db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: re 10.7 release & JDBC CTS suite testing
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:20:07 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> writes:

> Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> On 12/13/2010 11:58 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>>
>>> I see that Ole ran this test on 10.5.3 and 10.6.1. Ole no longer
>>> works on Derby. As you note, no-one has run that test on 10.6.2 or
>>> 10.7.1.
>>>
>> Is there someone that has access to these tests that can run them now
>> that Ole is gone or is it just one more bit of testing we don't do
>> anymore?  It would be nice to know we are compliant for  a release off
>> trunk.
>
> I found the instructions for running these tests and have started
> them. So if everything goes well, we'll have the results shortly.

It didn't go all that well... Here's what the report says:

batchUpdate.out:     passed: 68
callStmt.out:        passed: 1,580; failed: 20
connection.out:      passed: 36
dateTime.out:        passed: 152
dbMeta.out:          passed: 940
escapeSyntax.out:    passed: 324
exception.out:       passed: 56
prepStmt.out:        passed: 1,072; failed: 12
resultSet.out:       passed: 452; failed: 4
rsMeta.out:          passed: 84
stmt.out:            passed: 132
Total time: 09:58:28

I haven't looked at all the failures yet. Those I have looked at appear
to happen because our meta-data now says that we support BOOLEAN,
whereas the database schema created by the test itself contains
workarounds for Derby's lack of support for BOOLEAN (like using SMALLINT
columns instead of BOOLEAN columns). So I think there are some changes
required for the DDL and DML scripts that create the database schema in
order to make the test run successfully, but I haven't found anything
that appears to be a Derby problem yet.

--
Knut Anders