db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Isuru Anuranga <isuruanu...@gmail.com>
Subject Build and perform test runs of the Derby project in the NetBeans IDE
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 04:33:33 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newly started developer to derby. And I'm working with ubuntu 10.4
operating system.
I recently tried to build and perform test runs of the Derby project in the
NetBeans IDE.
I've downloaded derby 10.7 source code and I found netbeans project in the
folder "tools/ide/netbeans/6.0/" from root.
I load it in to netbeans ide (netbeans 6.8 with jdk 1.6 and 1.5) using open
existing project option in file menu.
And then add jars in the folder "/tools/java/" and also junit.jar to java
Source Classpath.

I'm using Ant 1.7.1 and there is an Ant version installed with netbeans too.

When I tried to build code in terminal there is no problem. But I like to
work in a IDE since its easy to debug and I can reverse the code using
netbeans
to understand derby design.

When I build the source proejct It gives errors as follows. (I tried from
both platforms 1.5 and 1.6)

10.7/tools/ide/netbeans/6.0/nbproject/nbjdk.xml:8: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
10.7/build.xml:536: The following error occurred while executing this line:
10.7/java/engine/build.xml:58: The following error occurred while executing
this line:
10.7/java/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/build.xml:76: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
10.7/java/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/jdbc/build.xml:158: Compile failed;
see the compiler error output for details.