db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Mixed client sever and upgrade and compatibility testing with Junit Tests
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 18:09:22 GMT
On 12/16/2010 5:50 AM, Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4946
> Right, I did not think of that as a bug initially, but reconsidering it
> I agree that is probably wrong behavior on Derby's part: metadata should
> reflect the present capabilities (in casu the soft upgraded state).

Thanks Dag.  Roughly, how many tests failed do to the BOOLEAN issue?
Does it block many tests?
The soft upgrade testing is usually very useful for exposing
compatibility bugs and issues that  need release notes.
It would be good to know to what extent that analysis was impacted and
whether it will be practical to do soft upgrade testing  in the future
due to the noise generated by this issue.

Thanks

Kathey