db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Mixed client sever and upgrade and compatibility testing with Junit Tests
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:16:44 GMT
On 12/14/2010 2:18 PM, Dag H. Wanvik wrote:

>   Well,
> thats good, no new errors in soft upgrade more then!

I have been thinking about your BOOLEAN failures and wonder if they
should occur in soft upgrade mode.  I think the DatabaseMetaData may be
saying the type is available but it is not.   I think it would not be
unreasonable for an application (like the tests) to check if the data
type is available  and have conditional behavior based on that. Now that
I type this it seems like this might be an old conversation, but can't
fully remember.

Thanks

Kathey