db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject TIME/TIMEZONE WITH TIMESTAMP, was:
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:41:45 GMT
Hi Greg,

I responded on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4611. This
would be a useful feature. Whoever picked it up would probably want to
consult with the JDBC expert group to see if they think JSR 310 will
have any implications for these new datatypes. So far, however, no-one
has indicated that they plan to work on this for the next feature
release:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenEightOneRelease#A10.8.1_Work

Thanks,
-Rick

On 12/15/10 4:35 AM, Gregory Tarr wrote:

> Hello
> Is there a plan to support timezones in derby? I've seen DERBY-4611
> but there haven't been any recent comments on this. In particular a
> TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE similar to Oracle's would be handy.
>
> Thanks
> Greg

> This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
> Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised
signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies within
the Detica Limited group of companies.