db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lance Andersen <Lance.Ander...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: TIME/TIMEZONE WITH TIMESTAMP, was:
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:08:18 GMT
Currently, there is no support for  SQL Data types which support TimeZone in JDBC.  If JSR
310 becomes part of Java SE, we provide support through it for these data types.  Currently
JSR 310 is not final and that is something else that would be required.

Once the plans for JSR 310 are clarified, I can provide you with more guidance as to how JDBC
will support TimeZone based data types.

Regards
Lance
On Dec 15, 2010, at 8:41 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> I responded on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4611. This would be a useful
feature. Whoever picked it up would probably want to consult with the JDBC expert group to
see if they think JSR 310 will have any implications for these new datatypes. So far, however,
no-one has indicated that they plan to work on this for the next feature release: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenEightOneRelease#A10.8.1_Work

> Thanks,
> -Rick
>
> On 12/15/10 4:35 AM, Gregory Tarr wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>> Is there a plan to support timezones in derby? I've seen DERBY-4611 but there haven't
been any recent comments on this. In particular a TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE similar to Oracle's
would be handy.

>> Thanks
>> Greg

>> This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email
in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
>> Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an
authorised signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies
within the Detica Limited group of companies.