db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: my build is broken
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:08:43 GMT
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> My main build on windows is broken after the latest updates. On my
>>>> Linux machine the build is fine, but I don't have the j2me stuff
>>>> there, probably some other stuff is missing. Perhaps I should've done
>>>> clobber before svn update again, but I tried to clean everything up
>>>> and start over...
>>>>
>>>> I'm still trying to see what's happening/happened/fixing it up...
>>>>
>>>> e.g.:
>>>> compile_util:
>>>>   [javac] Compiling 8 source files to C:\derbyt\svn\trunk\classes
>>>>   [javac]
>>>>
>>>> C:\derbyt\svn\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\types\SqlXmlUtil.java:40:
>>>> package org.w3c.dom does not exist
>>>>   [javac] import org.w3c.dom.Attr;
>>>>   [javac]                   ^
>>>>
>>>> and, more seriously:
>>>>   [javac]
>>>>
>>>> C:\derbyt\svn\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\jdbc\LOBStoredProcedure.java:27:
>>>> cannot find symbol
>>>>   [javac] symbol  : class DriverManager
>>>>   [javac] location: package java.sql
>>>>   [javac] import java.sql.DriverManager;
>>>>   [javac]                ^
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Myrna
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> I am seeing pages of these build errors as well, when I do "ant clobber"
>>> followed by "ant build". I tried backing out my recent change to the
>>> build
>>> (1031069, see DERBY-4845), but that did not fix the problem. I think that
>>> someone else's changes have caused this.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> -Rick
>>>
>>>
>>
>> I was doing "ant all". I noticed (will do some more checking) that the
>> classes it's complaining about seem to get created at some point
>> anyway, and if I run ant all a second time, there are no errors...
>>
>> Myrna
>>
>>
>
> I have checked in a patch which fixes the build for me at least. The commit
> stamp is 1031174 and the explanation of the fix can be found on DERBY-4845.
> I believe that some recent submission introduced a dependency of the
> ...iapi.util package on ...iapi.types. Probably that change was not tested
> by a full "ant clobber" followed by "ant all".
>
> Hope this helps and doesn't break someone else's build in another way...
>
> Regards,
> -Rick
>


Last 2 pieces of info:
- the build failed when I had the property jsr169compile.classpath
set; it passed if it was not set (silly not to try this first, as it
was the one thing I knew was different between my linux and windows
build).
- after those latest changes there are no further failures with or
without the jsr169compile.classpath property set.

Thanks Rick!

Mime
View raw message