db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse ui plugin for 10.7.1.0
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:38:39 GMT
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:
> I need a volunteer to build the Eclipse ui plugin for Derby 10.7.1.0.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

I've been thinking about this - knew it was coming, of course.

But neither the ui nor doc plugin source has changed in more than 2
years, so there really is no need to make a new plugin - it's just
going to be the same as the older one (except the files will have a
newer date...).
The *core* plugin is what has the derby jars in it, and thus needs to
be build for each release, and you took care of that.

I propose that I will test the old ui/doc plugin with the new core
plugin, and if it works fine, we can just change the name of the zip
file, and then you sign it, of course, to give a stamp of approval for
10.7.

Let me know if you still want a new zip file, I volunteer to make one
if you want.

Myrna