db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse ui plugin for 10.7.1.0
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 22:08:24 GMT
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Kathey Marsden
<kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 11/15/2010 1:31 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>
>>> If this artifact doesn't change much, would it make sense to check it
>>> into
>>> the Derby codeline?
>
> I don't have a hard time with just copying the ui plugin over between
> maintenance releases, and I don't want to make work for anyone, but since  I
> think it  has an external build dependency on Eclipse,  it seems like it
> would make sense to make sure it still builds periodically and releases off
> the trunk seem like a good time to do that.  Alternately, there could be
> some other schedule.  If we do use the old binary, the version shouldn't
> change.
>
> Just an opinion though, not a really strong one.
>
> Kathey

Actually, the version of the ui/doc plugin is independent and thus has
a different number from the apache derby release. So, it doesn't
change, and shouldn't unless the source of the plugin(s) changes.
The core plugin includes derby.jar, derbyclient.jar, derbynet.jar and
derbytools.jar, and so needs to, and does, match the derby release.

Myrna