db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: my build is broken
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 19:42:36 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:
>   
>> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>     
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My main build on windows is broken after the latest updates. On my
>>> Linux machine the build is fine, but I don't have the j2me stuff
>>> there, probably some other stuff is missing. Perhaps I should've done
>>> clobber before svn update again, but I tried to clean everything up
>>> and start over...
>>>
>>> I'm still trying to see what's happening/happened/fixing it up...
>>>
>>> e.g.:
>>> compile_util:
>>>    [javac] Compiling 8 source files to C:\derbyt\svn\trunk\classes
>>>    [javac]
>>> C:\derbyt\svn\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\types\SqlXmlUtil.java:40:
>>> package org.w3c.dom does not exist
>>>    [javac] import org.w3c.dom.Attr;
>>>    [javac]                   ^
>>>
>>> and, more seriously:
>>>    [javac]
>>> C:\derbyt\svn\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\jdbc\LOBStoredProcedure.java:27:
>>> cannot find symbol
>>>    [javac] symbol  : class DriverManager
>>>    [javac] location: package java.sql
>>>    [javac] import java.sql.DriverManager;
>>>    [javac]                ^
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Myrna
>>>
>>>
>>>       
>> I am seeing pages of these build errors as well, when I do "ant clobber"
>> followed by "ant build". I tried backing out my recent change to the build
>> (1031069, see DERBY-4845), but that did not fix the problem. I think that
>> someone else's changes have caused this.
>>
>> Regards,
>> -Rick
>>
>>     
>
> I was doing "ant all". I noticed (will do some more checking) that the
> classes it's complaining about seem to get created at some point
> anyway, and if I run ant all a second time, there are no errors...
>
> Myrna
>
>   
I have checked in a patch which fixes the build for me at least. The 
commit stamp is 1031174 and the explanation of the fix can be found on 
DERBY-4845. I believe that some recent submission introduced a 
dependency of the ...iapi.util package on ...iapi.types. Probably that 
change was not tested by a full "ant clobber" followed by "ant all".

Hope this helps and doesn't break someone else's build in another way...

Regards,
-Rick

Mime
View raw message