db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject New process for generating release notes
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 08:37:06 GMT
  Hi all,

A new process for generating the Derby release notes has now been put
into place.
The solution uses the JIRA SOAP-based API to pull down the required
information. I was going to rewrite [1], but thought I'd ask if we want
to backport the new solution first.

Is the new solution worth backporting? (at least to 10.6, possibly to 10.5)
Do we want Rick to fully test it for 10.7.1.0 before doing so?

If the new tool [2] turns out to be working well, the next improvement
will be to get rid of the manual step of creating a JIRA filter. This
requires that the ASF JIRA instance is upgraded to version 4.x.

Thanks,
--
Kristian

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleaseNoteProcess