db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Problems with docs build
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:28:56 GMT
Kim Haase <camilla.haase@oracle.com> writes:

> On 10/28/10 12:46 PM, Lily Wei wrote:
>> How does nightly script clean(ant clobber only) or else?
>> Maybe the nightly was not successfully clean until later.
>
> Yes, that seems likely, because I don't think the DERBY-4851 commit
> had anything to do with this. It did not modify the reference to
> "../devguide/cdevcsecuregrantrevokeaccess.dita" in the map file.

Well, that's the strange part. The nightly script removes the entire
directory and does "svn checkout" on docs/trunk. But it didn't fail
until Oct 23, and the latest commit on the branch was Oct 15.

> The Reference Manual has two links to the Dev Guide like this; the
> other is in rrefsqlj41360.dita. No other manual has such links. Why
> building the Reference Manual creates a top-level devguide directory
> with 14 files in it (not just the two it actually needs) is a mystery
> that I've been puzzling over, fruitlessly, for a long time.

So are you still able to build the PDF version of the reference manual
in your environment if you remove the top-level devguide directory
first?

--
Knut Anders