db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Derby 4785
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:09:12 GMT
Jayaram Subramanian <rsjay1976@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I am taking up the task 4785 of removing JCC references from Derby
> test code.. I would like to know the steps and directions i need to
> take in doing this task. Appreciate your help.

You should start looking at the source in
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/harness/*.java that
detects if jcc is available for use I think, and if so, locate all the
code that actually uses it. You need to untangle that usage from the
usages of the Derby client driver. Probably, since the harness code is
intended for EOL, it would be good enough to disable the detection of
jcc, and otherwise leave the as it is..

Dag