db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Recording published Maven 2 artifacts
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:05:11 GMT
Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> writes:

> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> writes:
>>

>>> I agree that most developers won't care about this file. It is
>>> interesting archeology for release managers, though.
>>>

>> The most interesting thing in the list is that the 10.5.3.0 artifacts
>> are broken, and that 10.5.3.0_1 should be used instead. I think this is
>> something that would interest our users too, which may suggest that we
>> shouldn't hide this information in the source repository?
>>

> I agree that users would be interested in knowing that 10.5.3.0_1 is
> the good distribution and 10.5.3.0 has been deprecated. Where would a
> typical maven user expect to find that information? I don't use maven
> much, so I don't think I could answer that question.

I have no idea about the Maven users, but I suppose a typical Derby user
would scan the Derby website and the wiki. That said, I haven't been
able to find any information on our website/wiki on how to add Derby to
your Maven project, or any mentioning that we have Maven artifacts for
that matter, so I don't think we have any natural place to add this
information right now.

--
Knut Anders