db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>
Subject Re: many test failures on windows
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:18:31 GMT
Hi Myrna,

This failure is on a test fixture that I've added on r1004460 and it ran
clean for me on Sun's JDK 1.6 with Ubuntu. Today's regression run should
pick up on my changes and I'm curious to see if we'll experience those
issues there as well or of this is an IBM only kind of thing.

It's very strange though because it's failing on line 92 which is when we
attempt a pass that stays under the 255 byte limit (and according to your
failure, it's the pass with a simple ASCII character) so I'm thinking we
might be hitting some Windows limitation here.

I've noticed some of the other failures you've hit are with the embedded
driver... this should not have been affected by my changes.

Please let me know if you find anything else regarding this.

Thanks,
Tiago

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Myrna van Lunteren
<m.v.lunteren@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see many failures in the windows nightly run with ibm1.5 and ibm 1.6
> from last night (10/4/2010):
>
> http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/main/windows/testSummary-1004498.html
> The first failure is:
> ====================
> 1)
> testBoundaries(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.InternationalConnectTest)java.sql.SQLException:
> DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ001, SQLERRMC:
> java.security.AccessControlException Access denied
> (java.io.FilePermission
>
> C:\jartest\JarResults.2010-10-04\ibm15_suites.All\system\AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA\tmp
> delete) XJ001.U
>        at
> org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
>        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:572)
>        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:218)
>        at
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.InternationalConnectTest.testBoundaries(InternationalConnectTest.java:92)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>        at
> org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:109)
>        at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
>        at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
>        at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
>        at
> org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
>        at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
>        at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
>        at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
>        at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
>        at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
>        at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
>        at
> org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
> Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: DERBY SQL error:
> SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ001, SQLERRMC:
> java.security.AccessControlException Access denied
> (java.io.FilePermission
>
> C:\jartest\JarResults.2010-10-04\ibm15_suites.All\system\AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA\tmp
> delete) XJ001.U
>        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.completeSqlca(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseRdbAccessFailed(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseAccessRdbError(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseACCRDBreply(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.readAccessDatabase(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.readSecurityCheckAndAccessRdb(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.flowSecurityCheckAndAccessRdb(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.flowUSRIDONLconnect(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.flowConnect(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.client.net.ClientJDBCObjectFactoryImpl.newNetConnection(Unknown
> Source)
>        ... 42 more
> ==========================
>
> I'm analyzing - looking for indication of trouble on the machine, and
> trying to duplicate this on my laptop machine.
>
> Myrna
>

Mime
View raw message