db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject correct codepage for a language (french)?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 06:31:20 GMT
Hi,

I've been struggling to do a simple manual ij test with French.
Does anyone know the correct derby.ui.codeset?

I've tried 1252, UTF8, which give me correct accents (é,ê,à for
example), but when I try to create a table with those characters, I
get ERROR (ERREUR) 42X02: Lexical error...
 create table éprêtà (êtà1 int, c2 varchar(4));
I can create my table when derby.ui.codeset=863, but then I get
question marks instead of the correct accents in the ij output.

I'm using windows XP and ibm 1.6 and derby 10.6.2.1.

Thx,
Myrna