db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Status for missing steps for the release
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 18:16:31 GMT
Hi Kristian:
     Sorry for lack of status.

     I am still making the release. I am at step 4 after a successful which is
deploy to Maven repository.
You are way ahead of me. J
     For step 4:
     Running SetDerbyVersion generate message as:
     'POM version tags replacement succeeded.
     It is recommended that you verify the POM diffs before running Maven.’
     However, I am not sure where to find the diff under maven2. Can anyone shed
some lights on this?
     Also, I only set up my ssh so it can do ssh lilywei@people.apache.org
without password.
My username at Windows is different than my user name at people.apache.org. Will
that create a problem for me?

From: Kristian Waagan <kristian.waagan@oracle.com>
To: Derby Development <derby-dev@db.apache.org>
Sent: Fri, October 8, 2010 7:43:37 AM
Subject: Status for missing steps for the release

Hi Lily,

It's a bit unclear to me whether work is under way to complete the release
process for Derby

For instance, the work for items 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, and 13 in [1] (see section
"After a successful vote") seems not to have taken place. Note that I haven't
checked the status for the other items. I can't see the Maven artifacts for the
release, but they may have been generated already for all I know (it takes a
while before they make their way into the repositories).

You'll probably need help with some of the tasks, for instance 12, just ask on
the dev list.

-- Kristian

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease

View raw message