db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Does anyone use org.apache.derbyBuild.JiraConnector?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:25:54 GMT
  On 27.10.10 20:05, Kathey Marsden wrote:
> On 10/26/2010 11:54 AM, Kristian Waagan wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, Kathey.
>>
>> That means it won't go away at this time. I just wanted to find out
>> if the class was being used or not.
>> I'm not aware of any efforts to write some sort of replacement for it.
>>
> Thanks Kristian,
>
> I am not at all familiar with the SOAP API. Might it be a reasonable
> and stable replacement for input into the apacheVanillaJiraReport
> demo?   If so I think it might  be good to file an issue.  I don't
> know if the JiraConnector xml output is broken at this time with the
> demo or not.  Maybe it is actually fine.  Maybe Rick has some input
> too since he wrote the original demo, which by the way I have found
> very useful, so a belated thank you to Rick for it.

Hi Kathey,

I'm not sure the SOAP API of the current version of JIRA can handle
this, at least not without us creating some filters in JIRA. Maybe
that's okay, but if it's working today then I see no reason to rewrite it.

If/when JIRA is upgraded to 4.x, the SOAP API will be powerful enough to
replace JiraConnector with a stable interface.

--
Kristian