db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Should you be able to use -Djvmflags with a suite?
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 00:46:25 GMT
  I can use -Djvmflags running a single test, e.g.
java -Dverbose=true -Djvmflags="-Xgcpolicy:optthruput^-Xjit:count=0"
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest lang/currentSchema.sql

but with a suite, it does not work so well:
java -Dverbose=true -Djvmflags="-Xgcpolicy:optthruput^-Xjit:count=0"
org.apa
che.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite derbylang

With the second command I see the following in derbylang.sum
^-Xgcpolicy:optthruput^-Xjit:count=0
^-Xgcpolicy:optthruput^-Xjit:count=0
 > Could not find the main class: ^-Xgcpolicy:optthruput^-Xjit:count=0.
Program will exit.
Test Failed.
*** End:   checkConstraint jdk1.6.0 derbylang:derbylang 2010-10-19
16:58:24 ***

Full trace is

^-Xgcpolicy:optthruput^-Xjit:count=0
^-Xgcpolicy:optthruput^-Xjit:count=0
     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:423)
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:346)
Could not find the main class: ^-Xgcpolicy:optthruput^-Xjit:count=0.
Program will exit.

Somehow it think the options are  the classs.
Is -Djvmflags expected to work with RunSuite or just RunTest?

Thanks

Kathey