db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject public api for derby build
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:24:11 GMT
I have created DERBY-4841 to track our attempts to clean up the public
api of our top level ant build script. After checking in a patch on that
issue, here is the new public api which you see when you type "ant
-projecthelp":

Main targets:

 all Compile all of the source, including tests as well as production code.
 buildjars Build all of the Derby jar files.
 buildsource Compile the product source (does not build the tests).
 clobber Remove all build artifacts.
 createBranch Create a new branch (both docs and code).
 javadoc Build all of the javadoc, including the public api, the
production javadoc, and the testing javadoc.
 junit-all Run the JUnit tests.
 junit-clean Remove the output produced by the JUnit tests.
 release Build the release distributions.
Default target: buildsource

These are simply the targets which seemed like public ones to me. You
may want to adjust the public api based on how you use the top level ant
script.

Thanks,
-Rick