db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Recording published Maven 2 artifacts
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:03:13 GMT
Hi Kristian,

I cast my vote for lightweight processes. Of these choices, option (c)
sounds best to me.

Even better and lighterweight would be to separate this log into its own
file. The maven script could automatically add an entry to the end of
this log every time a release is published. The release manager could go
back and edit the log in case something went wrong. But normally the
maintenance of this log would be handled by the script and the release
manager would have one less step to worry about, addressing Knut's
issue. I have started putting logic into the the ant build scripts to
automate some of these tasks which involve updating files in the repository.

I agree that most developers won't care about this file. It is
interesting archeology for release managers, though.

My $0.02,
-Rick