db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Database name length
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:50:00 GMT
Tiago Espinha <tiago.derby@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Hello everyone again,
> I wanted to bottom-line the situation of the name length and define a course of
> action. Unless someone objects to it, I will go through with the plan.

+1 to the suggested approach.

> Knut has done some experiments on DERBY-4799 and I've also ran some experiments
> of my own, only to find that, for example, I can't create a database with more
> than three Latin characters (on Because of this, even if the limit
> for Latin characters will now become 127 characters, it will still be an
> improvement over what we have right now which is broken.

For the record, I'm able to create databases with a lot more than three
Latin characters, also more than 127, on in my environment, so
I think there are things that used to work that will stop working until
the limit is increased. But as I said above, I'm +1 to the suggested

Knut Anders

View raw message