db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Compatibility test runs?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:02:34 GMT
Hi,

I am working on a jira DERBY-4786 which requires testing of different
versions of client and server. It appears that there is something
called CompatibilitySuite.java. Is that what I would be running to
test the compatibility between different versions? How do I run that
test? Will I be able to test different revisions of the same major
release, for instance, say client at revision 10.3.3.1 against server
at 10.3.1.4? Then, I need to add a test of my own to the compatibility
test suite to try shutdown between different versions of clients and
servers.

thanks,
Mamta