db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility test runs on Sun machine?
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 02:30:14 GMT
I was curious how was DERBY-3644 was discovered. If I understand it
right, the results of server start, ping and shutdown for the
compatibility test are all done in the
org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\junitTests\compatibility\testScript.xml
which means there is no way to verify if those commands are behaving
the way they should be. The rest of the compatibility testing happens
in CompatibilityCombinations.java and in problems there are probably
caught by that test. By I do not think any problems with
start/ping/shutdown done through the testScript.xml will be caught
anywhere. Is my understanding correct?

thanks,
Mamta